Saturday, October 12, 2019

CANNON FOR #48!!


I started this journey on July 29th, 2017 with a hike of Lafayette and Lincoln.  I hiked this with Grace before she left to start her college journey on the west coast.  I finished today October 12th, 2019 across from Franconia Ridge on Cannon with Richard and and 8 great friends.  Some of my words as I started this journey:

Next year we will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We are so excited to see all of our children begin their independent adults lives.  I feel like this is a great time for new beginnings.  I have always loved hiking but have not always had the time to climb as much as I would like.  Now I have the time!  I have decided to make a goal of hiking the 4000 footers.  I am beginning with just simply - climb all the peaks.  I will let other goals such as, when or how quickly naturally develop overtime.  For now I simply begin. 

During the 2+ year journey I have done the following: 

  • Hiked with 13 different friends
  • Hiked with each of my immediate family members except 1 - Conor you owe me 💗
  • Hiked 10 peaks solo
  • Completed a Single Day Presi Traverse
  • Completed a sunrise hike
  • Completed a sunset hike
  • Saw a black bear - but not when hiking but when driving of rt 16 to the trailhead


So here are some photos from today. This has been and awesome journey.  For a while I will simply hike and now worry about lists. I will not call this an end but instead a beginning.







COMPLETION





No comments:

Post a Comment