Saturday, July 29, 2017

So this weekend was the first chance I had  to begin my 4000 ft quest.  The initial plan was to hike Mt. Tecumseh with Conor but unfortunately he was unable to join me due a school project.  With a bit of prodding Grace was excited about a going away White Mountain hike  prior to her departure to the West Coast. The forecast was so nice today we decided to tackle the Lafayette loop allowing me to check off Mt Lincoln (5089') and Mt Lafayette (5249').  Little Haystack (4760') was the first peak reached although not on the list of 4000 footers as it prominence to adjacent mountains is too small. It is not often in a New England July you get clear 70 degree weather for a hike.  The views were amazing but unfortunately my photographic skills do not do it justice - despite using my new selfie stick !

It was a great day...I only slowed Grace down a little... the day ended with Richards wonderful homemade pizza 😍


Please reach out if you are interested in joining me.  I will hike on weekends as I have this thing called work which gets in the way of hiking during the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment