Saturday, September 9, 2017

Last Week there were no 4000 footers as we were too busy enjoying ourselves with Friends at Camp Kabeyun Family Camp- the weekend was made better with a sunrise hike of Mt Major 

Getting back to the 4000 footers: Today I completed my first solo 4000 footer hike - Out and back via the Liberty Springs trail checking off Liberty and Flume.  I was able to complete the hike in about 5 hours and 30 minutes starting at 7:00am this morning.  I did not meet anyone on the trail until about 45 minutes into hiking - quiet and very green - so rejuvenating.  Although most as the ascent was sparsely populated I encountered many hikers ascending during my descent.  

When I first summited Liberty it was clouded in 

however one of the advantages of and out and back hike is there is an opportunity for a second look - which was amazing

Flume was clear on the summit as well - a bit of a steep drop off as well





No comments:

Post a Comment