Thursday, August 29, 2019

Middle Carter, South Carter and Carter Dome for #37, 38 & 39


Middle Carter, South Carter and Carter Dome for #37, 38 & 39 


This was an amazing hike on a beautiful day - this is definitely a hike I will do again many times.


I made the decision to continue my journey climbing the 48 4000 footers with another solo hike on Sunday August 25th, 2019.  This has been a difficult month for me with my health and work and felt I needed the solitude of a solo hike.  I began the hike with a small road walk from the 19 Mile Brook Trail parking to the start of the Imp Trail at Camp Dodge.  I was regretting forgetting my bear bell as I did not see anyone on the trail until summiting.  The trail was peaceful with beautiful changing forest.  I just whistled and sang a bit to let the bears know I was coming.  Initially there were clouds that eventually were burned off by the sun making for beautiful views

Imp trail 





Clearing views of the Presidential Range




Then there was Mt Hight....



Carter Notch


I descended into Carter Notch on the Carter Moriah trail to pick up the 19 Mile Brook Trail - after a steep descent I was rewarded with this....








The pictures never capture the full beauty - but this hike was AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment