Thursday, August 22, 2019

Wildcats for #35 & #36


So Angus agreed to do another hike with me on August 20th 2019.  It looked to be a beautiful day so I mapped the route to hike the Carters along with Mt Hight with a bit of a road walk back to the car.  The evening before I realized that I had an appointment in the afternoon and was concerned we would not be back in time for the appointment.  Angus suggested a shorter hike.  I thought of the Wildcats and mapped an out and back route that would not include a road walk.  I made a bit of a mistake though - realizing when I calculated the mileage Gaia only had the miles to the peaks not the return.  The hike was actually about as long and more difficult than the Carters would have been.  We realized this half way into the hike.  We decided to modify our return route to a loop down the Wildcat Ski slopes with a bit of a road walk.  We did this hike in 4 hours and 22 minutes...Angus made me run on the road....the skis could not have been clearer.  It was  an awesome day..Thanks Angus - so nice to spend some time with you even if you make me run

Of note...I saw my first black bear while hiking.  Well actually we saw it running across route 16 in North Conway on our way to the trailhead.


Sun was in our eyes but wanted to get the Presidential range in the background....







No comments:

Post a Comment